"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm grateful for...

In making up for my bugged post,  and because it is November, I thought I should focus on what I'm grateful for.  It's an exercise I need to do more often!

I'm grateful for the maternity clothes that I found at the Super Swap that our ward had.  I really needed another pair of jeans and a skirt but so desperately did not want to go buy any.  Now I won't!

I'm grateful that other than being overly emotional (I cry at about every song that I hear), tired, and have slight heartburn at night, that pregnancy hasn't been too hard.

I'm grateful for the anticipation that I am feeling at seeing this little baby.  And I'm grateful that I have children who feel equally excited.  It seems like forever since we've had a newborn in our house!

I'm grateful I haven't given up on my t-shirt quilt (although I've been tempted too).  Sewing is really fun (except when you make mistakes and have to unpick everything).

I'm grateful for wonderful programs at my kid's school.  They recently put on "The Price of Freedom" which was an amazing tribute to veterans.  Again, I couldn't hold back the tears!

I'm grateful that Michael is doing so well in school.  We were so worried at the beginning of the year but he has made huge strides and even read silently to himself for an hour during school (and just so you know I tested him on what he read to make sure he was actually reading it).

I'm grateful for the 4 younger kids who "surprise" me with cleaning up the house, especially the downstairs (although they were they ones who made the mess in the first place).

I'm grateful for Megan, who along with a friend and a cousin, have treated me to a couple "spa days", complete with hair, make-up, and foot rubs.  I couldn't ask for anything more!

I'm grateful for Monday after stressing about a RS Lesson I had to give yesterday.  What a relief to have it over with!