"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Random Thoughts on a Saturday

Megan is totally obsessed with her bangs. Should I grow out my bangs? Should I cut my bangs? Should I have less bangs? Are bangs an 11 year old obsession? They must be because I remember obsessing about them when I was 11, so much so that I took matters into my own hands and cut them. The day before picture day. And they looked horrific. And I have proof because it was my 6th grade picture and I have shorter than short bangs because I cut them crooked.

Joseph loves music but he insists that we listen to "boy songs" only. The songs on the OK list are Tragedy, I've got a Feeling, Shout, and You're the Voice. Anything else he gets mad about. Speaking of Joseph he is almost fully potty-trained. He and Emma have been my easiest thus far. Hurray!

We went to the Jazz Game Monday night. Not a huge fan. Maybe because I am huge right now and it was hard to be comfortable. I did have fun "people watching" and found at least 4 people I knew in the section next to us. And it was fun to eat some Red Mango yogurt. And fun to be on a date with my husband, regardless of where we were. I did however enjoy the Jazz game Thursday night against the Cavaliers. Absolutely amazing!

Wondering why I feel the need to watch every episode of "A Baby Story" right before delivering. Why do I torture myself that way? Maybe to know there is a good end result?

Michael has decided he wants to be an "animal protector" when he grows up. But he only wants to protect animals that are helpless like birds and fishes. He has such a sensitive heart.

I am obsessed with cleaning out ear wax out of my kid's ears.

When I do something wrong Joseph is the first to say "Told ya!"

We saw the Blindside and Sherlock Holmes recently. I forgot how much I have missed going to movies. It had been a while since we had been to the theater. I preferred the Blindside. Sherlock is kind of dark but still good.

I need to read more books.

Speaking of books, Thomas finally found some books he will read without me begging him to read. Diary of the Wimpy Kid books have done the trick (thanks Kath).

My kids are going stir crazy from being inside so much. They are always teasing and bugging and bothering and yelling. And I don't have the energy right now to take them anywhere.

But we have been playing more games. The Ladybug game seems to be a hit with Michael down to Joseph. Emma is easy to play with because she doesn't get mad if I win. However she does get mad at me for about everything else. I don't know what it is about that child. She either hates me or loves me to pieces.

I don't understand the hype about In 'N Out Burger. We went there the other day and it was OK. I think Chadders is just as good.

I am being thoroughly entertained watching my 3 year old neighbor dance around, very poised I might add, in a little ballerina dress.

I need to finish "nesting". Got several rooms that need to be seriously dejunked. Hope I can get more motivated to do it!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I LOVE your random thoughts. I think blog posts like these are awesome so thanks for sharing!

I watch "A Baby Story" and "Deliver Me" too when I'm pregnant. I think it just goes along with the female obsession with labor/delivery stories.

I should be totally mortified that Sawyer came over to your house in his dress. He is obsessed lately. In fact, this morning we were at my brother-in-law's house and he kept asking to come home so he could put on his dress. Yikes! He is a very graceful dancer though. :)

Can I puh-lease come over and help you nest? Seriously. It would make me feel really good to serve you in some way as your neighbor and visiting teacher. Or you could just send Emma and Joseph over to my house for a few hours while you dejunk. So really. Call me. Email me. Let me help!

grandma princess said...

I typed a long comment that I will try to repeat, but it wouldn't accept my identity and wiped it off. I can't tell you how frustrating I am finding blogging. I can't figure out how to post to my blog, but that is a very long story. I can't figure how to put a comment on your blog either. Here I go again.
Thank you! Thank you for posting these great pictures and thoughts. Fun stuff. I have not been able to post for a while because of our travel to Tbilisi, Georgia and Izmir, Ankara and Istanbul in Turkey. Our internet service was terrible. I always ask if the hotel has internet, but their ideas and mine are very different.
Your children are beautiful and very talented. What gorgeous eyes the girls have! I miss everyone so much. Seeing the pictures helps, but I still wish I could cuddle and hug. I think Michael is starting a new trend with his pants. I am sure it would be popular in Russia. This has been a great way to spend a Sunday evening. Take care and kiss everyone for me including that new baby. Please, Skype and send me pictures.
Love-Grandma in Russia