After a lot of going back and forth, I decided to head out to California to attend my 20 year HS reunion. Wow...just saying that makes me feel sooooo old! So glad that Scott went with me and we could have a nice weekend together. We got there Friday night and went to Little Shin Shin for dinner and Fentons for dessert. We did a session at the Oakland temple the next morning and then watched the BYU game at our hotel. Went to the reunion at a bar/restaurant place (not the best venue but it was fine). Had a great time catching up with people. We were there from about 6-11:30. I was so wired (from adrenaline) that I didn't eat anything while we were there so we ended up getting room service back at the hotel at about 1 am! Loved seeing old friends and reminiscing. Wish the pictures were better but glad I got what I did. Ended the weekend with church at the Oakland 1st ward and likewise loved seeing friends and leaders whom I grew up with. It was a glorious weekend and I'm so happy we went!


The view from the Oakland temple is gorgeous (including my husband)!
I kept sending pictures to Megan and Susie to see what I should wear to the reunion. Just thought I should document how weird I am!
With two of my best friends in HS, Auban and Sherina.
With my childhood friend, Bjorn Remmers. It was so fun to visit with him.
KTK, Cass Rogers (her baby was due any day), me and Sherina
KTK, Dave Massengill, and Me
Scott was such a good sport. He did so well visiting with people that he doesn't know at all. His name tag says "I belong to Chrissie".
Sunday after church before our flight home.
This was the car we drove around. It was the only kind left at the rental agency because of Labor Day weekend. It was a funny ride but one that we know Michael would have enjoyed!
1 comment:
I love all of your catching up posts...and that you include my daughter in pictures. At least someone is documenting her life!
Post a Comment