"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Highlights of Summer

I am starting to miss the lazy days of summer already (I am a naturally lazy person you know). I guess technically it still is summer, especially with the 90 degree weather, but the days are definitely more hectic now. This is actually a wake-up call to me that this is what my life is going to be like until my kids are gone. I do think it gets busier the older your kids get because they have more going on. So here's to a fun summer come and gone and to the new realities of the fall. Summer lovin' had me a blast, summer lovin' happened so fast....(family dance at Bear Lake).



Some might take this photo the wrong way, but believe me, my Dad was laughing! Here we are at my Dad's grave site doing a pyramid. We met there on our way to a family reunion at Bear Lake where we then played in the lake, went jet skiing, swimming, hiking to the Minnetonka Caves, played games (big booty), ate (or would you say drank) milkshakes, and just had a great time.




Fun times at the beach in Seattle. It was beautiful and we have some great memories at our family reunion there. I'll try not to remember Emma wetting her pants several times or Megan losing her retainer in the garbage can and having to dig it out or our luggage getting lost the first night. All in all it was great weather, sights, fun with cousins and friends, and great memories.



This picture cracks me up. We went to Lagoon with the cousins and the kids decided to get soaking wet in the fountains. Of course I didn't have any extra clothes for them and Michael was freezing so I had only one choice...the baby's extra outfit. Amazingly it fit on him and at least kept him warm and dry on top. He ran around Lagoon like that for a couple of hours. Everytime Julie and I saw him we would laugh. A five year old in a 6 month size outfit. Funny.


Susie is home! Yea. Wave the flag. Horray. You did it. Good job thou good and faithful servants. Is that enough gushing? It has been so fun to have Susie and Mom home from their missions. It does seem weird that they were gone 18 months. It hardly seems we were apart.

There are so many other pictures I wanted to post but I'm having a hard time figuring out this blog thing and my internet keeps cutting out on me and honestly I just want to get this posted because I can't stand projects that last very long. I guess I'll have to save the other pictures for the scrapbook that I will never finish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Michael in Joseph's onesie is absolutely hilarious!!! Start feeding him.

karla said...

I can't believe Michael was able to fit in Joseph's outfit! Thanks for posting these pictures - your kids are so cute!