"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Going back to Cali

So I took about 500 pictures or so on our vacation so it was hard to condense this post to only 25 or so pictures. What I didn't get a picture of was all of the people staring at our large family, or the skeleton at Fisherman's Wharf that chased after Megan, or our car breaking down (and all the good Samaritans that helped us along the way), or Scott & M, and T going to Wicked, or getting a parking ticket in Montclair after going to the Egg Shoppe, and many others. We had a great time and hopefully created lots of fun memories for the kids. It was good to be home.

Stopping to ride the indoor ferris wheel at Scheels in Reno.
Fentons at the Nut Tree, not Piedmont Ave.

At the swimming pool...the kid's favorite place.


Arriving in SF via the ferry

The bay bridge
On the trolley car. Sitting across from us was a weird guy who kept cackling at us.
At Pier 39
We loved Muir woods. It was amazing! My pictures don't do it justice!




Stinson Beach. It was a perfect day (except for getting stuck in traffic for an hour afterward.)


Going to lunch with Scott's business associates. Emma insisted on sitting in between them. Here we are eating at a restaurant near China town. The Lins ordered the food for all of us. Amazingly the kids did quite well trying all the new foods (and it didn't hurt that we said we'd get ice cream for them if they were well behaved ;))
Near the Golden Gate Bridge

Highland Ave. Many, many years of walking this beautiful street.


At the Oakland Temple Grounds


Palm Trees!
On our way home, near Tahoe.

5 comments:

Susie said...

This makes me feel homesick! Great pictures though I am sad that you never took any pictures of people staring at your family...that would be funny.

Auban said...

I'm bummed we missed you. How surprised were you seeing Havens? It looks like it's going to be beautiful, though. It sounds like you hit all the high points - Egg Shoppe indeed.

Julie with sticktoitkids.com said...

Gorgeous pictures!! Did you get a new camera? I'm so glad you had a fun time. I want to do the same with our fam soon!!

linda said...

Great pictures. I miss my Bay Area. Glad you had a great time.Kids are adorable.

Palfreymans said...

seething with jealousy at all the fun you had back in Piedmont!! what a great experience for your kids!!