"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Random Summer Pictures

Another picture of the kids all snuggled in bed. Sometimes I wonder why we have beds for all of them because they all eventually congregate together. I'll show these to them when they are teenagers and at each other's throats! They really do love each other.
Our reward system we have been doing. They earn gems for doing anything from brushing their teeth to reading for a half hour and once the jar is full they get to pick out a prize. We've got to revamp it though. It's starting to lose it's novelty.

I came home from my cousin Laura's funeral to this. Megan had cleaned the house and made chocolate chip cookies. Sometimes I feel like she is the Mom! What a great daughter.

Joseph making a pillow path. Easy entertainment.
At our small town parade. It's short, down the street from our house, and they throw candy for the kids. I love it!
Emma has been begging me to do a lemonade stand. She decided to take matters into her own hands one day and had a soy milk stand instead. She took her table, the stool, milk, and cups outside and set up shop. She even made a sign that said $5.00. A little steep for warm soy milk if you ask me. Hmmmm.
The boys at their raingutter regatta race. They both took first place in their age groups. I think they've got that blowing technique down pat.

Megan's friends dressed up Emma as a princess. She loved that.

1 comment:

Palfreymans said...

Holy cow, can't get over the bed picture, you should just get rid of all the other beds if that's what happens!! Looks like you're having a fun summer!!