"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Michael's Birthday

Somehow I skipped posting about Michael's birthday! I guess that's what happens when you are the 3rd child! Sorry buddy, I know how you feel :)!

Grandma and Grandpa came over to make pancakes for Michael for breakfast. That was a special treat.

Can you tell what he wanted?  That definitely looks like a dinosaur to me!

These three can be the best of friends, most of the time. 

I'm glad my nine year old still likes toys.  He was thrilled to get this Thor shield and dagger and was especially excited for the next toy (not really).


I was being a really mean Mom and decided to buy him a fake spider.  Michael is petrified of spiders.  He's even scared of books about spiders.  So when we opened up this gift we had a good laugh at his expense.  But he was a good sport and was only "a little mad" at me!

Megan's first kiss, with the spider!



Typical Michael pose.  He wanted a Texas sheet cake for his birthday.  Nothing too fancy for him this year!
 

Getting to light his candles this year.  A huge privilege.


Dad recording him for his annual birthday interview.  We got some "gems" on that one.  Michael has a way with words! 


1.  Michael loves to play with friends and is a good friend to many.  He usually makes new friends wherever he goes. 
2.  Michael is not very demanding.  He's kind of a go with the flow kind of kid.  When he's hungry, he just makes himself something to eat. When he needs something, he just gets it.  When he wants to go somewhere, he just goes (which is not always a good thing).
3.  Michael has such a curiosity and imagination.  He asks me questions all the time.  And unfortunately I don't know the answer most of the time!  Good thing for Google!
4.  Michael loves to listen to stories and somehow stores those stories in the recesses of his mind.  He then recalls them and applies them to different situations in his life.
5.  Michael is a great cuddler.  After playing all day, he loves to snuggle with me and I love that. 
6.  Michael is brave.  He got the courage to do something recently and I'm so proud of him for doing it!
7.  Michael likes to try new things.  He is always saying,  "I want to do flag football then after that I want to do street hockey then after that I want to do Tae Kwon Do and after that I want to take Hip Hop... etc, etc."
8.  Michael is very sensitive.  He doesn't want to hurt anyone (except maybe sometimes his siblings).  And he is sensitive to the spirit.  He tries to do what Heavenly Father wants him to do.
9.  Michael is a great big brother.  He lets Joseph follow him around everywhere and therefore Joseph LOVES Michael to pieces (as all of us do). 

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Sounds like a great celebration! He sounds a lot like Matthew! Can't wait for them to play this summer!

luvmymunchkins said...

Michael certainly has made a soft spot in David's heart for him! We think the world of him.