"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bear Lake Trip

We went to Bear Lake over Labor Day Weekend.  I think this is our 4th year that we have gone.  I guess it's turning into a tradition.  And it is one tradition I really love.  We had a great time there as usual.   Our friends the Longsons went with us.   We went boating and tubing, played at the beach, had yummy milkshakes, went to a play, went go-carting, and ate out a lot!  Gorgeous weather, beautiful scenery.  Awesome.  It was great to take one last trip before summer ended!


Isaac was always in a trance-like state whenever we got on the boat.  I guess it didn't help that he had to be in a life jacket the whole time!

Joseph absolutely loved the tube, which honestly surprised us a little.  He couldn't get enough of it!





I love this picture of the kids.  This is their standard expression when they are on the tube.







After boating we headed to the Pickleville Playhouse to see "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".  The kids weren't that excited to go but they loved it.  I loved it too.  I couldn't help but cry during the song "Joseph, Joseph, is it really you?"  part.  They really do a fantastic job there! 

On Monday some of the kids went 4 wheeling and then later we went on these go-carts.  They were a hit!
I was kind of nervous to have Isaac go but they said it was OK!  You can tell by the look on his face that he liked it.


Only 3 years away from her doing this in a real car!
Typical Michael expression!

  

 
Issac's a little dazed afterward!
We then headed home via Logan and of course stopped at the Bluebird Restaurant.  I always try to imagine my grandma being there (since she used to live in Logan and would frequent the restaurant a lot-mostly for the chocolates I'm sure :)).




Isaac had to pose too.  Cheese!

1 comment:

Julie with sticktoitkids.com said...

What a fun trip! Looks like there's a lot to do there besides "lake stuff". Love the pic of Isaac in the go-kart!