"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Saturday, September 29, 2012

14 Year Old Birthday

14...Wow! Doesn't that sound soooo much older than 13? She had a great day, although had to share part of it with her little sister (since we decided to have her birthday party that day).  Here she is with her birthday breakfast, coffee cake and hashbrowns.

Her friends spoiled her with nice birthday sentiments throughout the day.  Then that night she went to a BYU football game with her Dad to celebrate (and yes that is a treat for this sports fan).  After the game we hurried and opened presents (since it was so late).  She was thrilled with this Liam t-shirt (from One Direction if you don't already know).
She even had to kiss it.
Lindsay again spoiled me and made her birthday cake (spice with cream cheese frosting).  It was so good and so beautiful!

We had a small party with some of her friends the next day.  We had dinner, a taco bar, played some games like the family game and the candy bar game, and then they watched Monte Carlo.  She also got a lifesize cut out of Liam.  Notice a trend here?
She was thrilled!
Her friend Devynn sewed a carrot for her as an inside joke which I will go ahead and share because it is so funny.  A few years ago she had some carrots at lunch and Megan started staring at them.  Devynn asked her what she was doing and Megan said, "Carrots are good for your eyes."  Devynn said, "Only if you eat them!"  Anyway, they have had a good laugh about that ever since.  So here they are staring at the carrot!
Happy birthday to you...

Happy birthday to you...

Happy Birthday dear Megan...Happy Birthday to you!




Emma wanted to give Megan a present so she picked at out her favorite monkey and bracelet to give to her.
I'm kicking myself that I didn't get a picture of the whole group!  But all I can say is that a party for 14  year olds is a piece of cake compared to 8 year olds (although the 8 year old one was still fun).

14 things I Love about Megan:

1.  She has a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and truly desires to make good choices.
2.  She is practical and doesn't want to spend money on things that aren't necessary.
3.  She has a beautiful smile and beautiful eyes.
4.  She is my fashion go-to person.  When she leaves to go to college I'll have to text her a picure of what I'm wearing to get the go ahead.
5.  She is a sports fan.  She will watch the Jazz or BYU games by herself!
6.  She is diligent about getting her work done.  I don't ever have to bug her about schoolwork!
7.  She likes to be organized and to get rid of clutter.  She is the person who cleans the main area of the house most of the time.
8.  She likes to be social with her friends but she also likes to be home too.  I like that.
9.  She is musical and I love to hear her sing or play the piano.
10.  She likes competitive sports and is a great soccer and basketball player.  It is fun to watch her play because most people are surprised at how aggressive she is because she is such a nice and sweet person.
11.  She does her best to be patient with her younger siblings.  She sure loves that baby Isaac (well he's not a baby anymore).
12.  She is quick to right her wrongs.  She doesn't hold grudges and gets over things easily.
13.  She is a nice and sweet person and is well liked.
14.  She is fun to be around.  She is observant.  She is fun to eat treats with.  Ahhh, I'm out of room.

Love my sweet girl!

No comments: