
I am grateful for Megan because...
she likes to keep things neat and orderly.
she likes to get rid of things...she is not a hoarder.
she likes to help me clean the house...
AND she actually puts things back where they belong.
Do you notice that all these so far have to do with cleanliness? Anyway...

she likes to be active (which is helpful for her mom who doesn't always like to be).
she is nice to her little sister, who she knows absolutely idolizes her right now.
she puts up with her brothers teasing fairly well and likes to help them with their schoolwork, piano, and sports.
she is on top of her own schoolwork...rarely do I need to remind her to finish her responsibilities.
she is nice to people and a good friend.
she likes to be social (also a good thing for mom who is sometimes anti).
she sets a good example (she has been great at keeping a journal lately).
she is funny and fun to watch perform whether it be singing and dancing or playing soccer.
she never asks me to buy something for her when we go to the store although she does ask me what's for dinner at breakfast time.
she has self-control (no peeking at presents and no eating all her candy in one sitting).
she checks my blog regularly to see if I have posted anything and gets on me when I don't, which is all the time.
she is quick to apologize when she does something wrong.
she is determined and ambitous (she mows the lawn better than any 10 year old I know).
she loves me despite my sometimes faulty mothering style!
Happy Birthday my double digit girl! I love that you are in our family!

I am grateful for Emma because...
she has taught me patience (I'm still working on this though).
she has taught me to look at things in a more positive light and present them in a more positive fashion.
when she isn't grumpy, she is so excited and happy about everything.
she has a unique style in everything from her words to her fashion sense.
she is just so darn cute, especially when she gets to get up in Primary and be spotlighted in front of everyone.
she makes me laugh, I can make her laugh (something I can't get from the older kids), and she has a great laugh.
she is quick to defend her siblings even when they have just done something to make her mad.
she can spend a long time entertaining herself by drawing, coloring, pretending, and looking at books.

she has a great imagination.
she eats most everything I make for dinner and especially likes the vegetables.
she can be great at cleaning up her room and doing any other chores but she likes to do it "all by myself".
she is a great runner, even in flip-flops.
she can wrestle you like she is in the WWF and then dance like a dainty little princess (hence her saying when she grows up she wants to be a princess and a power ranger).
Thank heaven for little girls. I sure love mine! Happy Birthday!
4 comments:
ahh! I met you guy at her 5 year-old birthday party. Where has the time gone?
Ahhh...such a sweet post Chrissie! You have great girls. I love Megan and Emma! They bring a lot of joy and love into my happiness as well!
Glad they had great birthdays!
Love the positive comments about both the girls. I agree with all of them! What sweethearts they are - especially when Megan offers to help me cook and Emma lovingly holds little Anna. You're doing a great job, Chris! Keep it up...
I love you Chrissie, your sweet girls, and good family. Megan makes me proud just hearing about her and Emma is a cutie. Can't wait to see everyone at Christmastime.
Post a Comment