I told Emma yesterday. She asked how I would get 10 arms and I said I didn't know. She said "Maybe you need to go to the doctor." Last night I think I was ready to check myself in ;)!
Years ago I remember watching a movie called Multiplicity with Michael Keaton. The movie is a little sketchy at times but I get the whole concept now. Yesterday everyone seemed to need me at the same time. Joseph woke up grumpy, poopy, hungry, and thirsty from a nap. Emma needed me to make her a sandwich (which she eventually did herself with about a cup of mayo on the bread). I needed to help Thomas practice the piano. I needed to help Michael with his homework and reading. Megan needed me to take her to piano. I needed to make some phone calls. I needed to break up a fight (while on the phone) between my two oldest. And it seemed like it was all at the same time! I don't have much practice with this anymore since Dad is home most of the time. But when he isn't, it's like total meltdown!
What this taught me was to appreciate my husband more. He does A LOT to help me and makes it possible to do some of the things I am doing right now (exercising daily). And it also taught me that I need to slow down and let certain things go by the wayside. If I can slow down and cut out certain non-essentials than I think I can put off that doctor visit after all!
1 comment:
Wave the flag for Scott! I know what you mean though. Some things can just be put on hold and left undone. You have the right perspective.
Post a Comment