This past February 11th marked the 18 year anniversary of the day my Dad passed away. February 11, 1994. Half of my life has now been lived without Dad here with me. I sure miss him.
Here are some of my favorite photos of him:
 |
| Robert Thomas with my grandmother Kathryn (Kay) |
 |
| Dad with his older brother David, just 1 year apart in age. They were inseparable until he died at age 12 of cancer. |
 |
| Cute Family |
 |
| I have always loved this picture of Dad dancing with a girl a foot taller than him. |
 |
| At Philmont Scout Camp (?) |
|
|
|
|
"And then-the lovely music stopped, and the harsh tones of sickness made
a horrible discord. How proud we are of your bravery! The tears that
have welled up because of your physical condition have dried like
dancing droplets on a hot stove, as your wit and determination conquered
obstacle after obstacle. And through all of this instead of
bitterness--a joyous zest for life, a dedication to truth, a
determination to make a life of which you and your parents and those
around you can be proud." Kay Baer
 |
| I love this picture too. This is my dad getting tutored after spending time in a rehabilitation center after contracting polio. |
 |
| I have a picture of my brother Stephen holding my wedding bouquet too...must run in the family. |
 |
| Love this picture of my cute parents doting on each other. |
 |
| Engagement Picture |
 |
| Wedding Day |
 |
| Dad with his two oldest blonde girls |
 |
| Dad with his dark haired girl |
 |
| Family at Disneyland? |
 |
| Family at Uncle Glen and Aunt Bonnie's house |
 |
| Last family picture with Dad |
"The homily in all this is not that success is measured by any fixed external standards, but that we are more or less successful depending upon how we employ our own psychological, physical, or emotional resources. For instance, I am convinced after many years of observation that what we become has more to do with what we desire to become than what resources we apply to the project. Smart people succeed academically but so do average people who work hard. In athletics it is not always the fastest or the biggest that succeed. For some reason the Lord is always picking up the weak, the young, simple, the untutored, the halting of speech, the goofballs and making them his leaders and examples." RTB 1982 And that was exactly what Dad was to us, an impressive leader and example. A loving father and righteous man. Miss and love you, Dad.
2 comments:
I totally cried reading this and seeing all the pictures of your dad!! He was a very special man and I have good memories of him!! Can't believe it's been that long!!, Megan
Wow, I just had a great cry. I love all of those pics of Dad and I miss him too. I have spent 2/3 of my life without him and miss him a lot. Thanks for posting these and helping me remember some great words of advice...
Post a Comment