"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Megan's Washington DC Trip

In June, Megan when on a 9 day trip to Washington DC with her school class.  This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm so glad she had the opportunity to go!  Since I was not on this trip, I decided to just post some of Megan's pictures that showed the overall gist of her experience. Since I don't know what most of the places are, I will keep the commentary short!  She did a great job capturing her experience (and took some really good pictures too).




 


 
Colonial Williamsburg





 




Cousin Ben

 

DC Temple

Lincoln Memorial
They were here at like 5:30 am.

Washington Monument
Jefferson Memorial





Strange how low that plane is.  The airport must be close.

I thought these pictures were so cool!



ruby slippers








George Washington's Grave (Thanks Lindsay!)
Mount Vernon


Megan's orthodontist had a challenge to take a picture with "Eddie" somewhere cool in the US.  She made sure to bring him along.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Looks like an awesome trip. This post brought back lots of memories from our time living in Virginia.

By the way, one of the pictures is tagged as the tomb of the unknown soldier. It is actually George Washington's tomb.