"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Crazy Morning

Just so I can remember what my days are like sometimes, I thought I 'd write it down...

Went to bed around 1 am. 

Nursed the baby on and off all night long (he's sick so that's all he wants to do)

Woke up with a fussy and fevery baby at 4:30.  Changed diaper.  Gave medicine.  Nursed and rocked him to sleep.

Stayed up and worked on a craft project I needed to have done by Thursday.  Finished it...hooray!  Picture to the right.

Cleaned up the messy downstairs.  I hate those sticky foam letters.  They were everywhere.

Held Michael on the orange chair so he could wake up

Made lunches and made a smoothie for breakfast

Found Michael some clean clothes for school

Went to the bathroom and was brought a fussy baby to me while there

Nursed fussy baby while in the bathroom

Took children to school (with 30 seconds to spare)

Got home, dressed Joseph, baby, and Emma

Shaved Scott's neck for him

Got showered and dressed

Took Joseph to preschool

Discovered Thomas left his lunch at home

Took Emma and baby to the dentist to get a filling put in Emma's tooth (meanwhile she has been sick all week and has a rash all over her body)

Started to drive to dentist with a wet head

Discovered that when the heater in my van is blasted toward me, it works just as well as a blow dryer (talk about multi-tasking)

Got Emma to the dentist (only 5 minutes late), and with my hair dry.  Somehow I made almost every green light.

Discovered our insurance says we're not covered

Baby wakes up and wants to eat while sitting with Emma in the dentist chair

Went into the bathroom to nurse him in a stall..what is it about nursing and bathrooms???

Finished up at the dentist (after 2 hours)

Rushed to Wendy's to get something for Emma to eat (she never had breakfast)

Pulled up to Joseph's preschool to pick him up with 2 minutes to spare

Grandma is coming any minute to pick up the kids to go to her house.  Thank heaven for Grandmas!!!

I think I'll take a nap.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Whew! I'm exhausted! And that's only half of your day, isn't it? No doubt you are "Super Mom"! Keep up the good work...and yeah, take a nap!