"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Virtuous Boy

We have all been sick around here (everyone but Mom and Dad...knock on wood).  Thomas was probably sick the longest and missed an entire week of school.  He even had to miss his 4th grade devotional in which he had a speaking part.   We were sad that he couldn't be there so Thomas and I sat down together and had a "mini devotional" by reading through the script and by singing the songs together.   Apparently a poem he wrote also was chosen to be shared in the devotional so I thought I'd share that.

A virtuous boy, kind and clean
He was amazing, a perfect machine
He helped and cared for one another
He was even perfect to his mother
He grew and grew and became a man
He fasted for forty days because he said, I can
He bled and suffered for our sins
And died on the cross by pins
The soldiers stabbed Jesus in the womb
And after the apostles put him in a tomb
And after three days he rose again
And because he died, he saved all men

 And here's my sweet boy, getting his Webelos at Pack Meeting.
 


No comments: