"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Friday, December 30, 2011

Birthday Boy

Scott typically gets the short end of the stick for his birthday. I am worn out by the time Christmas is over and then New Years Eve is the next day. But he is a good sport about it. He was able to have a a nice breakfast of waffles and strawberries, a great bike ride (something that has been unheard of in December's past), a semi-clean house (funny that that is what I want to for my birthday), a nice sweet and sour chicken dinner (his favorite), and some random gifts. Scott is always fun to watch open his gifts. He is always appreciative (and animated) about the random things we get him.
This is a tarp.  For some reason we don't have one.  I thought it might come in handy one of these days.
His favorite pens.  We always seem to run out of those!

Playing our traditional musical presents to open the gifts.

Emma always draws pictures and writes special notes for people.  She is very thoughtful that way.

He also got an hourglass.  I know, random.
It seemed to put him to sleep.

He woke up when he got this sweet card from his parents.


Aunt Susie and Grandma were there too to celebrate.  Happy Day for all!

I won't go into a long list of 40 something reasons why I love Scott but I will say that he is a wonderful husband, fun to be around, makes parenting a joy, and I love him dearly!  I feel very blessed he is mine.


No comments: