"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Five

This is Joseph's birthday breakfast.  I think that sometimes birthdays are more for the siblings than the actual birthday child. They get so excited to make it a big deal for them! Joseph had pancakes for his birthday (in the shape of a J and a 5).

 
Joseph had said he was fine not having a friend party.  We were going to do something fun as a family instead.  But when 4:30 rolled around, he asked, "When are my friends coming over for my party?"  I reminded him that we weren't doing a party.  But again he asked when his friends were going to come over.  So I panicked for a minute and then said, "Ok, let's invite some friends over for a party".  So with about 30 minutes to clean a house and prepare a party, it turned out to be the perfect 5 year old party.  We played limbo, duck, duck, goose, freeze dance, hot potato, put the sticker on a picture of Joseph's face (instead of pin the tail on the donkey), and just played. 








Joseph loved freeze dance (can you tell?)


So did Isaac and the other kids.


A friend of mine found out it was Joseph's birthday and gave us a couple dozen of some mini-cupcakes (which we used instead of making a cake).  Definitely came in handy since I didn't have any time to go to the store!  And I had a bunch of unused beanie babies and coloring books that we gave out as party favors.


This was his reaction after he got a new bike for his birthday!

Although I think the blue dragon was his favorite gift.

5 Things About Joseph:

1.  Joseph is such a great big brother.  He rarely gets upset with Isaac.  He is our little "alarm" when Isaac is getting into something he shouldn't or if he is in any danger.  

2.  Joseph has the best nighttime routine.  He loves to give hugs, kisses, several different love signs, lots of affectionate words, etc.  He can't go to bed without it and it is very endearing.  If I forget something in the routine, he reminds me.

3.  Joseph has a great imagination.  He loves to play with Michael and his friends in their imaginary dragon/dinosaur/avatar/sword/animal world.

4.  Joseph can be a great helper.  He actually likes to clean.  Today he asked if he could be a house cleaner when grows up.  I said "Absolutely!"  He said he wants to do that until he is 12 and then he wants to be an astronaut.

5.  Joseph is very loving and sensitive.  He often tells me that he never wants to grow up because he never wants to leave me. 

Happy Birthday Joseph!  We love you!!!!

No comments: