"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Family Ball

I took the kids to the family ball at their school a couple weeks ago (Emma and up). Scott was out of town so I either danced with Emma (she was the only one who would dance with me :( ) or I was the photographer.  They had a band playing big band type music and they all had a ball, ha ha.  
Megan's friend asked Emma to dance...she was thrilled. 

Megan and her friends.
I had to snap some shots of this.  They used to dance a lot together when they were little.  Not so much anymore.
Love it!

Classic shot of the cousins.  Love this too.
Michael got the nerve to ask a couple girls in his class to dance.  It was proud of him.

Michael seems to be trying to strike up a conversation.  I wish I could've heard it :).
Thomas was a little nervous to ask girls to dance so he waited for them to ask him!  He said he will do better next year.

Pretty Emma
Mom was a wallflower


Megan wanted nothing to do with me. 
Another Emma pose.
This was probably the cutest thing I saw all evening (if I had to pick one).  This little boy (maybe 5 years old) asked Emma to dance.  They stood there and held hands for a while until the music started.

Once the music started, that boy took the lead and spun Emma around...
and looked up at her with those cute eyes.  Don't you just love those cowboy boots?  It was so so precious.  I wish that I could've taken video but it was so dark in there. 
Fun and memorable evening.  The kids are already talking about going next year.  They can't wait!

No comments: