Everyone was ready to conk out at this point. Thomas got sick the day before so he especially wasn't feeling well. I always wonder why I start thinking "No one has gotten sick for a long time" because it always happens right after I say that. And it seems to always happen when we are leaving on a trip!
Do you think we are just screaming "MORMON" with our BYU sweatshirts? Not to mention our 6 kids.
Isaac did great on the airplane. He fell asleep at take off and woke up when we landed. Perfect!We were so excited when we saw this sign. We knew we were almost to our cousin's house!
Michael was happy about it but I think he was pretty tired at this point. Caroline and Emma hit it off immediately and were inseparable most of the trip.
We also dyed Easter Eggs to. Kath is such a trooper to do this since I know most of her family hates hard boiled eggs!
Michael, Matt, Sam and Joseph likewise had fun together building Legos and playing the Wii.
| Thomas got in on the fun too. He especially loved the sprinkles. |
The rest of us went into Central Park.
Isaac at this point was pretty mellow. He started to get sick shortly after.
The Manhattan temple is so unique because it is in the middle of the city, just like an office building. It has an angel Moroni but other than that would be hard to distinguish as a temple.
The girls played in the park. I LOVE Central Park. I could've spent days there!
We went to play on these cool rocks.
Emma is pretty funny with her expressions. Do you think it is time to do something with her hair? I think so. She thinks not. Being there reminded me of the painting by Georges Seurat, Sunday Afternoon. Although it was painted in France, not New York.
| Similar? Not really. But it still reminded me of it. |
| Funny girls! |
| Everyone was tired at this point. |
| I loved this bridge. |
for some cupcakes. Good thing we were doing a lot of walking to walk off all of those calories!
Great Day 1.
2 comments:
Yea! I've been waiting for you to blog about your trip. Can't wait for more!
Best day!!! Great pictures!! Mmmm Shake Shack!
Post a Comment