"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Battle Creek Canyon Hike

 We decided to take a hike with the kids.  This was the perfect hike.  Not too long, but with a great reward at the end (a beautiful water fall).  The kids were troopers.  But I had to laugh when they would get tired and then all of the sudden get a burst of energy when they would see a super steep hill to climb up.






 These three are cute little buddies, most of the time ;).

They were filthy but boy did they have a good time sliding down that rock hill.

 Part of Kath's cute family.  She booked it up that mountain (carrying the baby the whole time).





1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I have a letter written by my grandmother as a young woman talking about going on that hike. I still have never hiked it. Someday I will reconnect with my heritage there. Someday.