"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Girls Camp

I had the chance to go to Girl's Camp this year (for just a couple days). The setting was gorgeous and all around I had a great time. Megan especially loved it. When she got home she took a 5 hour nap! All of those late nights got to her. One of the most memorable things for me was when we were doing the ropes course and a storm rolled in. It was thunder and lightning and pouring rain and we had to run back to the cabins . It did this a couple of times, even while we were preparing dinner and the dutch oven cobblers.  The weather was just crazy (hot/cold, wet/dry) all day but it was a fun experience nevertheless!



Getting instructions on how to pull the rope for the swing.

It's her turn.  She's nervous!

When she got to the top she forgot to let go of the rope so we all had to yell to her to let go.

Wheeeeee!


Somehow the girls peer pressured me into going.  Y'all know what a big wimp I am.   Too bad the storm didn't roll in before I had to go (it came about 10 minutes after).


I screamed the whole way down.  I couldn't help myself.

I am sooooo relieved it is over!



1 comment:

luvmymunchkins said...

There were some classic chrissie expressions in those pics. Glad everyone had a great time.- dd