A few months ago I asked my sister if she wanted to run a 5K with me when she would be here visiting from out of town. Of course she was game, and I thought it would be a great motivator for me to start exercising again. Fast forward to a week before the race and I had yet to register for it and had yet to train for it. I was hoping my sister would say, "no biggie, let's just blow it off", but she didn't. She said that we should do it because it's something we've never done before and it's good to try new things. So, I said "ok", and tried running (really walking) everyday before the race. But honestly, I was
dreading it. I was dreading waking up early, driving to Mona, running, the whole thing.
So fast forward to after the race. It was awesome. My brother joined us as well. My time was better than I expected (10 minutes better than I expected). And other than feeling like I was going to throw up afterward, I felt fantastic! It felt so good to be with my little brother and sister. It felt so good to be up early and be around the beautiful scenery. It felt so good to accomplish a hard task! Sometimes the hardest things in life bring about the greatest rewards.
 |
| The lavender fields we ran through. |
 |
| Pre race photo-Kind of scary I know. |
 |
| Post-race photos...we did it (sporting our lavender days t-shirts which we love). |
 |
| In the car after the race, heading to Kneaders for breakfast. Thanks to my siblings for being great motivators in my life! |
1 comment:
So glad we did this! What a great memory. Lets do it again in the future. Love you!
Post a Comment