"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Monday, May 7, 2012

10

I am feeling a little sentimental thinking about Michael being 10.  I have three children now who are double digits.  Everyone needs to slow down! Here's going down memory lane a little.

Since the baby pictures of Michael are not digital, this is one of the youngest ones I have of him, age 3.  Love his green eyes.

This was an interesting photo shoot.  The photographer's son got pen on his shirt but luckily for photoshop was able to remove it.  He has never liked to pose for pictures but he's still super cute!

First day of First Grade, age 6
Mom and Michael, age 7
Now onto his birthday celebration.  Michael celebrated his birthday morning the traditional way...coffee cake and a smoothie.  He also had to open one present.

After school he wanted to have one of his friends over from school.  Kaden helped us celebrate his birthday by eating Cafe Rio pork burritos (his fav.), opening presents, and having Texas sheet cake. 
Excited to get this Lego Star Wars set.


Excited to be able to light his own candles this year.

Happy Birthday to you...

The next week he got to take a few friends to the Space Center.  Their mission lasted 2 1/2 hours and they had a blast (no pun intended, ha ha). 

Afterward we went to get ice cream at Maceys.  I don't particularly care for their ice cream but it is cheap and you get a lot of it.  They were thrilled!

Finally, a smile :).



Michael's teacher said some very kind things about him lately that I felt really captured him.  She said he has "Christ-like empathy, a strong spirit and strong moral compass, and he is very bright".  We believe all of this to be true as well and feel blessed to have him in our family.  We love you Michael!

2 comments:

Susie said...

I think that is a great description of Michael. That picture of him when he was 3 reminds me of Isaac! I hope Michael had a great day. Sure love that kid.

Anonymous said...

When I opened the hi res profile shot of Michael lighting the candle he just knocked my socks off. I stood up, walked up behind him and pressed my cheek against his, then buried my face in his neck and started kissing him. I was still a bit embarrassed but was getting more comfortable with him. I worked my way up to his ear and cheek, and of course his lips. I even tried the boy in the blue shirt with ice cream cone. I opened his picture life size and rotated it vertically on my 34" monitor. There he was right in front of me. I walked up to him and reached out and found myself stroking and caress his arm and admiring his looks. I finally leaned over and had my way with his beautiful face and mouth and lips. So much fun these two! I now have two beauties I can admire and enjoy.