Isaac is watching the monkeys kind of skeptically. I chose not to post the picture of what the monkeys were doing here (let's just say a birds and the bees intro).
I love giraffes!
| I promise Michael is a happy child. For some reason he chooses not to smile in most pictures. |
| A picture with cousin Josh. |
We only spent an hour and a half at the zoo and then took off (without Joseph and Isaac-thanks again Kath) to go to the city to see Mary Poppins. It was that day that we got a true glimpse of New York traffic. It was absolutely insane. We thought we had left with plenty of time but we got lost, stuck in traffic, and then couldn't find parking. We finally found parking about 10 blocks away, with 15 minutes left before show time. Plus we hadn't eaten anything yet. We ran the entire way, stopping to get some medicine for Michael who was feeling super sick, and making a bathroom stop at McDonalds. We sat down just as the curtain pulled up. CRAZY!
| No smile again (at least he had an excuse because he wasn't feeling well). |
After the play we started walking down the street and got approached to get a sketch drawn up of the kids. Since this is something I had always wanted to do, we decided to stop and do it.
This is the final product. I think the guy did a really good job on the boys. Thomas especially loved having muscles. But the girls don't look at much like their real selves. Fun memory for all!
I had to take a picture of the crowded New York sidewalk. It felt like we were in the movie Crocodile Dundee (if any of you other than my family have actually seen that movie :))!
Kathryn had dinner ready for us when we got back and then we had a dance party with the kids while Mark and Kath had a chance to go out. We also played Life.
1 comment:
Such a fun day. Thanks for doing such a great recap. We loved every minute of your trip!
Post a Comment