"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Saturday, May 5, 2012

NYA-Day 7 Part 2, Day 8

We went into the city for a final time. We decided to go to Central Park again and rent bikes to ride around the park.
Megan wanted a picture by Daniel Webster since they have been studying him at school.
 
I don't know what this is called but I know I have seen it many times in movies.  Had to get a picture with it!
Had to get a picture by the beautiful tree.

   Can these really be all of my children?  I am one lucky Momma.
 

 
  Loved this picture of them looking at the boats on the water.

From the other side


Watching the geese.  It was a perfect day to be in Central Park!

We watched this little remote control boat for a long time.  It took a while to figure out who the owner was.  Once we did, Michael did not hesitate to go up to him and ask him how much it cost.  He wants one, but doesn't have $300.

Next we went over to the Alice in Wonderland statue.  The kids played on that for a while.
This picture totally cracks me up. It is so like my son to do something like this.  And the smiles on the other kids' faces are funny too, because they think their big brother is soooo funny. 

I thought this dedication was so sweet.

Michael just had to climb to the highest point of the statue.

More pretty blossoms.
This was the only picture I got of the bike ride.  Scott took the oldest 4 kids on a bike ride around Central Park.  I think they rode 7 miles in 45 minutes!  We were on a tight schedule because we wanted to get to the Museum of Natural History before it closed. 
We got to the museum and Isaac was melting down (can you tell?) and it was so crowded so we decided to skip it and just take a picture with the dinosaur skeleton.
On our way back to the car we stopped to get a picture with Abe.  He is a BYU fan too.
I loved this tree.  I had never seen anything like it before.  So pretty.

After we left the city we decided to hit one more state.  We drove into Connecticut to have dinner. 
We can cross that one off our list!

The final day I stayed back at Kath's house to pack and clean up while Scott took the older kids to a Yankee's game.  We borrowed Josh's jerseys.  Thanks!

 After that we headed to the airport, got stuck in traffic again, got stuck in huge lines, and thought we might barely make our flight.  It ended up being delayed so we ended up having plenty of time.  The kids slept on the plane, I watched the Muppets, and we got home @2:30.  Fun trip, fun memories!  We love New York!

No comments: