"God has given us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie

Friday, November 11, 2011

Gratitude Day 11

1.  I'm grateful for more tender moments with my kid's tonight.  We are always trying to revamp scripture time in our family (do it mornings/nights/Dad read/Mom read/scripture stories vs. scriptures) and tonight it was Michael's suggestion how to try and make it work.  He got scriptures for everyone.  He told everyone to sit in a circle and told everyone to take turns reading one verse.  He really took charge.  He said it was the best day of his life to be reading the scriptures in our family like he does in his class at school. 

2.  I'm grateful for good friends who invite us to go places with them.  We spent a fun afternoon playing and visiting at Kangaroo Zoo. 

3.  I'm grateful for moments that remind me of my childhood.  Tonight Thomas found my old high school yearbooks and wanted to look through them before going to bed.  It was funny to hear him laugh at certain pictures of random people.  It was exactly what my sister and I used to do with my Mom's old yearbooks (Sammy E. Ramy).  And just for my posterity's sake, this is not a nice thing to do.  Also, he told me "No offense Mom, but you look much better now."  Good to know. 

4.  I'm grateful for days off of school with my kids. 

5.  And I'm grateful for all the veterans who have served our country and those who currently serve our country.  What sacrifices they have made for us. 

No comments: