Happy Thanksgiving! We had such a great day and feel gratitude for so many things.
1. I'm grateful for our health. We (the family) ran/jogged/walked a 5K Thanksgiving morning to support a family whose young son has cancer. It was a great experience and, although I am sore now, I appreciate that my body can accomplish that.
2. I'm grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I'm grateful for a living prophet and revelation. I'm grateful for the principle of food storage. After seeing Contagion, it was yet another example of a reason why it may be necessary someday.
3. I'm grateful for a wonderful family, my immediate family and extended family, who love and support me. We had an amazing Thanksgiving Feast at my in-laws with that entire side of the family. It was a lovely evening. I think we had at least 40 people there.
4. I'm grateful for this experience of thinking about things to be
grateful for. It was a reminder to me that if we don't write things
down we will forget them. And if we don't think about (or write about)
gratitude it's easier to dwell on the negative things. I think that is
just human nature (or Chrissie nature :)).
No comments:
Post a Comment