1. I'm grateful for late night chats with my kids, especially when it's one on one. Tonight's chat was with Michael. We talked about forgiveness and loving your enemies, something they talked about today at school. He was telling me that he had just said his prayers and prayed for someone who was his enemy. We also talked about sports. We talked about whether or not he should play basketball. He said he would try it and then after that he wants to do hockey and then tether ball (because he said he is really good at that). Then I said something about running and he said "Well, running is my passion. But I do it best when I'm barefoot." Oh, I love that boy and I'm grateful for moments with him like I had tonight.
2. I'm grateful for funny moments. The kids were in the bath with Isaac when he accidentally swallowed some water and was coughing so much that he threw up in the water. The throw up got all over Joseph. And then when Michael saw it he couldn't contain himself and started gagging and almost threw up. It reminded me of that throw up scene in Stand By Me. I couldn't help but laugh at the whole thing.
3. I'm grateful for the realization that making salads for dinner (thanks Julie) isn't hard at all and feels really light, yet filling. We have had salad for the last 2 days and it is good. Organic lettuce, roasted chicken, black beans, corn, peach/mango salsa, avocado, tortilla chips, lemon juice and a little ranch makes for a yummy meal. I just need to figure out how to get the other half of my family to eat it!
4. I'm grateful for iTunes. Love the ability to download only one song from an artist instead of having to buy entire albums like we used to.
5. I'm grateful that all the kids were feeling well enough today to go to school today (which hasn't been the case for a while).
6. I'm grateful I could catch up with my sister today. She inspires me to get exercising again!
2 comments:
I was making paninis for dinner (fancy way of saying grilled cheese) while your boys were over. Joseph made a comment about not getting to eat at our house. He said, "We're having salad with yucky stuff on it." Ha! I guess he must be part of the "other half".
I laughed so hard at the stand by me reference! You make me laugh. I need to catch up with you so I can be featured in your gratitude posts. DD
Post a Comment